Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sssh...It's a Surprise


#Trust30 30-day writing challenge from ralphwaldoemerson.me.


I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, if we follow the truth, it will bring us out safe at last. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Writing Prompt
Think of a time when you didn’t think you were capable of doing something, but then surprised yourself.  How will you surprise yourself this week?
(Author: Ashley Ambirge)

My Response
When I used to think about leaving the structure of a traditional job I did not think I could do it. I could not fathom what a work day would look like without someone else giving me an outline to work from. I craved the routine. There was a safety to it that I could not imagine extricating myself from.

So I am surprised that I chose to leave that environment, even more so that I do not miss any of the way my work day was. Not one bit. That I am never wondering what to do, but rather how will I get all that I want to do in regards to my work completed. I am even more surprised that I ever found the old way pleasurable.

As for this week? How will I surprise myself?
Let's just say, it's still a surprise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, and inspiring, post!

Unknown said...

Thanks Alexis!