Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Day In The Life Of The Authorpreneur

Tuesday Morning
3:30AM
Wide awake. I mean AWAKE.
What is this about?
No use tossing and turning.
Get up, make coffee.
Write.
Torture myself trying to finish a blog on fear.
Afraid to hit publish.
4:35AM
Hit publish.
Still afraid it is not one of my best.
Check email, social nets.
More writing.
6:30AM
The sun is up.
Go for a walk.
Forgot how crowded the Park is early in the AM.
All those people with someone else clocking their time.
Glad I am not one of them anymore.
7:30AM
Catch Javier Barden on GMA. Penelope Cruz is one lucky lady.
I want my novels made into a movie.
Thinking about what character Javier can play.
8AM
Craving protein. Make eggs. Read NYTimes.
Shower, dress.
8:30AM
Try to sort through all the contacts I made at BlogHer.
Not in the mood yet. Later.
Now. Write. Write. Write.
11AM
Mac class at the Apple Store. Learn about spotlight. How did I not know about spotlight?
One on one classes are genius marketing!
1PM
Conference Call
Wondering if I should self publish?
2:30 PM
MUST nap.
4PM.
Check email. Article on Cracking the Code on Business Casual is up on ForbesWoman!
Start tweeting the article!
5PM
Follow up on all my BlogHer contacts. Finally!
Read WSJ.
Phone Calls.
PR Coaching from @NancyMoonPR
7PM
Salad for dinner. Still bathing suit season. Must watch intake.
8:30PM
Writing this blog
10PM
A glass of rose and an episode of  Rescue Me.
11PM
Sleep

3 comments:

Lavanya Sunkara said...

I hope you got the much needed rest at last. :) I can relate about the food intake. Going to costa rica in two weeks and I better shape up. lol

Unknown said...

Costa Rica sounds like a wonderful way to end the summer!

Nancy Moon said...

Joanne, I always love reading your blog, you are so good! Ok, ok...I also love being mentioned ... makes my day and week!