Thursday, July 9, 2009

Vibrational Harmony And Breakfast At Wimbledon

The path of reinvention tests you, trips you and sometimes second guesses you. And when that happens all those things you are striving for, that great vision of what this new life is you are creating seems farther away today than it did when you first embarked on the path. When this happens it is pretty easy to fall out of vibrational harmony.

For those of you who have dipped their toes into such philosophies as The Law of Attraction, you know what I am talking about. For those who don’t the simplest way to explain vibrational harmony, is that in order for you to create what you want, you have to be thinking as if, acting as if, feeling as if what you want is already here. Then you and your desire, goal, intent are all operating on the same vibration.

I wasn’t really aware of how much I had been teetering on a tightrope as far as this harmony thing goes, until I got this note in my email from Esther and Jerry Hicks.

"The things that we would be asking ourselves is, "What proportion of my day am I in vibrational harmony with my desires, which means, how much of my day am I happy, glad, eager, fulfilled, satisfied, complimentary? And what percentage of my day am I ornery, irritated, frustrated, or blaming?" And you don't have to do 100%, you don't have to do 90%, you don't have to do 80%. If you could even get around 55% feeling better, than not feeling so good -- you'd have significant movement in what begins to happen in your experience.--- Abraham" Excerpted from the Abraham-Hicks workshop in San Diego, CA on Saturday, August 11th, 2001

As I read it I had one of those, oh, so that is what has been going on moments. It was clear to me that my vibration was simply not matching up with what I want. For me, it’s usually impatience that throws me off. And I have been quite impatient lately with the speed in which things have been showing up. As with so many things, awareness is halfway to changing. I started paying more attention to get my vibration back in alignment.

Which takes me to last Sunday and the Wimbledon finals. I am not a big sports watcher in general, but tennis is one sport I do enjoy. Perhaps it is the civility of the sport. Perhaps it is those hot men with great legs and the intensity in which they approach their game. But it catches me and once caught I can’t move from the television.

The match between Roger Federer and Andy Roddick will go down in the history books, not just as the longest Wimbledon ever, but also as the one in which Federer beat all Grand Slam records.

It was an incredible event to witness. They were both playing at the top of their game. They were both thinking as if, feeling as if, and acting as if they had already won. Yes, what I saw was two individuals, each clear on what they wanted, each playing in vibrational harmony with that desire. Perhaps that is why the match went on for four and a half hours.

I am not sure what the experts in the philosophy of vibrational harmony would say about the outcome. My guess is that Federer is the one who has been more consistent in his goals. The more consistently you are in vibrational harmony, the more of what it is you want shows up. That might be what those who follow tennis more closely than I would say as well.

1 comment:

Butterfly Goddess said...

Great observations! And I enjoyed your awareness of both your own level of vibrational harmony and that of others. Thanks for sharing the Abe-Hicks quote, too. Hadn't seen that one and it's excellent - helps me relax a bit, actually.